Do you find it hard to imagine your pet at a daycare? The idyllic picture of dogs or other pets romping and running is what most pet owners see. Read ahead if you’re still contemplating whether your pet will benefit from joining a daycare.
Benefits of Pet Daycare
With trained and licensed staff, a well-run daycare can offer ideal solutions to many pet lovers’ challenges. Here are the benefits you might reap by taking your lovely pet to the right daycare:
– Safe and supervised play. Forget the pet parks. Pet Daycares are closely monitored for off-leash interaction so that every dog has safe fun.
– Improved mental stimulation and social contact as dogs and other pets are also social creatures.
– Flexibility for pet owners with odd work schedules.
– Sending pets like dogs to daycare covers missing on the twice-daily works mixed with play and training.
– Some daycares could help with the management of problem behaviors.
– The social environment could be more of a separation anxiety cure for your pet.
Understand that Pet Daycare is Not for Every Pet
It is important to understand that most pets did not evolve to play in large groups. For instance, dogs are uncomfortable walking into and spending time in a group of other dogs. Some of them have different personalities and have passed through various experiences that shaped them uniquely while growing up.
If your pet falls under these categories, daycare services could do more damage than good.
Poorly socialized – Likely to be overwhelmed, anti-social, and aggressive.
Displays incidences of dog or human aggression – Renders the daycare unsafe for other pets and the staff.
Not vaccinated appropriately – Your pet would likely be susceptible to illness or disease.
Injured or requires customized care – The attention could be beyond what the daycare services can cope with.
Most daycares have well-trained staff to assess every pet brought in and decide whether they are suited for daycare services. The assessment first starts with the owner being probed for any of the concerns listed above. If everything plays out well, the staff will meet your pet to ensure they can handle it with ease. They will then allow it to meet a few others in a controlled area of the facility. If that goes well, your pet and the new friends with be brought into a larger play area within the facility.
How to Choose the Right Pet Daycare
Would you leave your kid at a new daycare without personally seeing and evaluating the facility? Not! The same case applies to your pet. Common factors to consider while choosing the perfect daycare for your pet include:
– Transparency in their operation and handling pets brought in.
– Don’t refrain from asking tough questions about the daycare’s licensing and certification.
– Gauge the knowledge and experience of the team. You could talk to the staff to assess their pet handling ideas, policies, and experience working with various pets.
– Read online reviews from customers who have used their services. In this digital age, almost every firm or organization markets its products and services online. Draw a clear understanding of their care and compassion for pets.